Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 27 - Interior Detail Complete

With all the cutting and printing for the interior details I thought that I would never get done - and then Bingo!  I am finally finished on the interior details.

What is this little black box?  It's a light block for the basement windows.  I didn't have any black construction paper so I printed some of my white card stock black on both sides.  I cut the printed paper into strips, folded it into a rectangle, and then glued to the end piece.  Why all the trouble?  Well, if I simply glued a piece of black paper on the inside of the window it might possibly be seen.


Here's one of the light block boxes (say that real fast three times!) glued in place on the inside of the foundation wall.


And here is the view through the window from the outside with the box in place.  It's DARK in that cellar (or basement depending on what part of the country you live).


I also added the light block boxes to the attic windows. 


This is a view of the structure where you can see some of the detail.  Probably 95% + percent won't be visible once the roof is in place.


And another view of the interior.  That wraps up the interior detail!


You know, it might seem like a waste of time to do the interior detailing as most of it won't be seen.  The reason that I do this is because I have seen some absolutely beautiful structures and when I looked closely I could see in one window and out another - or see just plain emptiness.  A great man once said: "Anybody can build a kit, Rick.....anybody!".  This is true, so why not go the extra distance to "kick it up a notch"?

Up next, interior lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment