Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 31 - Sub-roof Complete

Today I completed the sub-roof assembly and it was a little challenging.  There were a number of angles that had to be assembled and the only clamp that worked to hold things in place while the tar/glue dried was my hand.  Fifteen minutes can seem like a long time!  I only have one picture today and it looks like a mess with the tar/glue everywhere.  No worries - it will be covered with the shingles!


Next up will be the chimney.  It will have to be detailed, painted and installed.

2 comments:

  1. Way over the top my friend! By this weekend I'll be able to show you where this little jewel will sit on the layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,

    It's funny that you should mention where Grandpa Sam's place will be on you layout as I was just talking to my wife about that today - how I can't wait to see it on your layout! They say great minds think alike! ;-)

    Rick

    ReplyDelete