Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 38 - Tar, But No Feathers!

We don't want Grandpa Sam's roof leaking so today I added tar to the areas around the chimney and roof caps that might leak.

The "tar" is made out of Api's Incredibility Tacky glue and water based paint.  I used to use white glue, but this stuff is much thicker and stays in place.



For some reason when ever I do these tar jobs I make about 50 times more than I need!  Here I've added black and gray to the glue and mixed it thoroughly.  I won't be able to get pictures of me applying the tar as I can't do both at the same time.



Here's a shot with the tar added.



And another shot.  Once the tar has dried I'll use some chalks to weather it and reduce the gloss.



Next up I will work on the roofing on the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment