Thursday, May 24, 2012

Posting No. 40 - Needs Touchup!

I'm near the end of the main construction, so it's time to give a critical eye to my work.  My first inspection found a number of areas that need attention.

These areas need additional paint.  Since they are end grain they sucked up the paint and will need additional coats.



More areas that need more paint.



Another area that will need more paint.


This gap will need filling and painting.


Here we have a big gap (lower right) where the roof panel warped away from the house.  I'll have to decide if I want to attach trim boards to hid the gap or fill it somehow.  The gap at the eve peak can be filled & painted.



It is difficult to see, but there is a hole in the deck at this corner.  I may cover it with something yet to be determined.



Ug!  This gap will be a challenge to fill and I should have done it before I put on the porch roof.!




Two more gaps to be filled / covered up.



This is the same gap shown in the bottom of the picture above.  I'm seriously thinking about using trim to cover these areas.



More gaps!


Who put together this model, anyway?  I believe that I can fix things up by attaching some more trim to hid the gaps, putty up the holes, and paint the thin areas.  That's next up on the agenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment