Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 37 - Shingles Part 5 & Roof Caps

Can you believe that I finally got all of the shingles installed?  Today won't have any "how to" information as my previous posts (Shingles Part 1 - 4) will give more detail on the process.  Here are some pictures with this first one looking from the front.


Now, before you get all critical on me please realize that I will be using my roofing "tar" where the flashings connect to the chimney and where roof caps meet.  The "tar" is made out of a mixture of white glue and very dark gray paint.  I didn't see that idea for tar anywhere, but thought it up myself.  While I was over at Tom Wilson's model railroad he described the very same "tar" formula that he uses on his excellent structures!  What do they say about "great minds think alike"?  Well, Tom has a great mind but mine is just so-so.

Here's a view looking 3/4 from the right front.



This view is at the right side of the house.





The 3/4 left view:


Next up will be adding the "tar" on the upper roof and installing the roofing on the front porch.

2 comments:

  1. Sweeeeeeeeet! Just an amazing job Rick! You're going to love the view Grandpa Sam is going to have. Much better than he really had on the North Dakota plains.....well, maybe not in his opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,

    I'm glad that you like the progress. I'm looking forward to seeing it on your layout.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete