Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 26 - Interior Details Part 2

Work continues on the interior detail for the structure. Here I've used my graphics program to assemble a panel for the bay window area, both downstairs and upstairs.  The downstairs has a fireplace with mirror door, while the upstairs has a dresser, mirror, table, and wardrobe.  I glued it to the interior wall with white glue after cutting it to size.



Next I worked on the downstairs main bedroom.  I combined graphics for the wall paper, wardrobe, bedroom scene, and chest of drawers and printed in on heavy card stock.  Since you can see the floor on this view I'll have to create one.



I folded the edges of the floor and glued it to the interior of the building.  The next picture will show the hardwood floor from the top.



I printed duplicates of the wall section and installed them on the first floor.  You can see the hardwood floor.  Why the gap between the two sections?  The lighting will go between the sections and backlight the walls.  I don't want any light bulbs showing and this will help diffuse the light.



Next I add the second floor.  The opening is to allow light between the floors.


Here is the wall section for the upstairs bedrooms. The line at the top is a cutting line.  I have to put a peak in the room as it does have a higher profile due to the roof.  I printed two of these sections and flipped one horizontally with my graphics software since the side wall sections are different widths.



And here is what the sections look like installed.



This is another view of the installation. 



Next it's time for the kitchen.  First I add a floor.




Is that a turkey that Grandma is taking out of the oven?  Yum!  I print off two of these sections, cut them to size, fold them and glue them in place.



It's hard to see the result, but any peeping Toms looking through the kitchen curtains will get an eye full!


Looking at that turkey made me hungry, and it is time for breakfast.  Stay tuned for still more interior detail as I work on the basement windows and other goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment