Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 25 - Interior Detail

Since we are able to peek in the front door through the screen and into some of the windows through the curtains it's necessary to do some interior detail.  This isn't a store front with big picture windows, so we don't have to do amazing detail.  I just need to add some stuff so we're not looking into an empty house.  We'll use my handy-dandy graphics program to get the job done.

Here are some of the goodies we'll use to populate the interior.  From left to right:  a Grandfather clock (it is Grandpa Sam's place!), a door, and some different wall paper patterns.  I got all of these off of the web.



Here I've sized the clock and added it to the wallpaper pattern along with a hat stand.  Yes, I know that the lines don't match up - but trust me we won't see that.  I've sized the paper to allow for folding to add it to the hallway by the front door.



This sheet is for the front bay window wall and covers two floors.  The ground floor has a fireplace, mirror, and door.  The upstairs bedroom has a dresser, mirror, table, and wardrobe.



Here is what the view through the front screen door looks like with the printed piece and a printed wood floor added.  I printed the graphics on heavy card stock and glued it in place with white glue.  You can't see the wavy lines in the wallpaper pattern. 


I've got much more in the interior detailing for the rest of the structure.  It's too bad Scott Perry isn't here to help me with the interior decorating since he really knows how to get in touch with his feminine side! - just kidding, Scott!

2 comments:

  1. Anybody can build a kit, Rick....anybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,

    You are too funny! I deserved that crack after my smart remark!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete