Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 10 - More painting

I'm continuing to paint the dirty white on all of the pieces-parts.  Today I feel like that I made some real progress in that I got the first coat of  white on the main structure.  Sorry for the out of focus picture.




The idea on the first coat of white is to just get some coverage, but not an even coat.  Painting a lighter color over a darker color makes this easy.  Here's the structure with the first white coat completed.



Here's a view from a different angle.  If we were going for an abandoned house I could stop here without adding a second coat and I would "peel" some of the paint.  Grandpa Sam's house is in a little better shape than this so once this is dried we'll add a second coat of white.


Stay tuned for the results of more painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment