Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 13 - More Windows & a Door

It's Saturday and I got to work a couple of hours on the house and feel like now that I'm "over the hump" on the windows and doors.  I've still got a lot more to do, but did get the windows and door finished on one side!

For these pictures I put a piece of white card matte board behind the house to hide all of the stuff on the table.  These pictures probably represent most accurately the color of the structure.  I wonder if it needs another coat - Kevin?


This is the same side from a different angle.  I'll install the windows in the foundation when I apply the foundation pieces to the structure.


Well, it's coffee time so that's it for today.  Since the house is being shown twice today the Mrs. and I will have to do a little straightening up!

4 comments:

  1. No, Rick I think it looks perfect as far as the color goes and the structure overall is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin,

      Thanks! We keep it the way it is.

      Rick

      Delete
  2. Kevin

    I have built many laser kits and added extra detail. I have
    found that the hobby knife No.11 blade is good but the single
    edge razor blade is much better. It is thinner and sharper
    which gives a cleaner cut.
    Don't get me wrong the old No.11 still has it's use.

    I can't wait to see the effect you will get on the final painting.
    I use a lighter gray. Oh yes, don't forget to add a joint cut on
    the long siding boards. I have found that siding usually comes in
    10' pieces.

    Your doing great considering the time frame that your working in.
    I've done the same in making 3 moves.

    Ed Ursem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed,

    Those are good suggestions -thanks. I've got a 100 pack of single edged razor blades around here somewhere....

    Rick

    ReplyDelete