Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 16 - Window Fan

No, I don't mean that I'm a fan of the window....I mean a fan for the front top window.  After all, as Kevin said it does get warm in the summer up there!

Here are the parts for the window and the fan.  The fan is from Vector Cut and a very nice unit.  I've already painted the window frame parts dirty white, the fan mounting plate olive green, and the fan blades and grill tan.  Why these colors?  Well, I happened to have them in my Testors "Military" flat pant set.




Here I've mounted the fan mounting plate first on the inside of the window frame using the supplied 3M sticky that is also holding the sliding window frame which was installed after the mounting plate.  The fan grill is shown at the left. 




This is how the fan with mounting plate looks from the front before adding the fan grill.





Here's the unit with the fan grill installed.  I used four little dabs of white glue to attach it.  I could have installed the grill with the slates running horizontally; however, I wanted the viewer to be able to see through the grill no matter what their viewing angle.  By running the slates vertically any height person can see the fan behind the grill.




Here looking at the completed fan installed you can see what I'm talking about.  You can see the fan clearly behind the grill.  I do see that I've got to do a little paint touch up on the upper left corner of the fan grill.  I like the look of this detail!


 Next up will be to install this window with fan in the structure and started adding trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment