Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 17 - Trimming it Out

It's 7:30 Saturday morning and I can get some work done while my bride continues to sleep.  I've got lots of trim to install and I want to take my time as it's not real obvious on what goes where.  The instructions clearly state that for the corner pieces there are a wide and narrow piece.  The narrow piece is to be installed first with it aligned with the edge of the structure.  Next, the wide piece is installed and overlaps the narrow piece.  Can you tell which are the wide & narrow pieces?



Here's a closeup to help.  As you can see the narrow piece is on the left and the wide piece on the right.  There's not much difference, which is why I want to take my time laying out the pieces and figuring out what goes where.



Here I add the narrow piece first aligning it with the corner edge.  I won't press down on the self-adhesive pieces until everything is in it's proper place.  This is a little tricky as the pieces are small and want to stick immediately once they touch the surface.



Here's the corner with the wide piece installed.  The pieces can be re-aligned if you haven't pressed down.  Once everything is in place I use the flat end of my hobby knife handle to press on the pieces.



Here's the structure with a few of the trim pieces in place.  I've got LOTS more of them to do.  Hey, the trim pieces really start to dress up the structure!  I can't wait (but I'll have to) see what it looks like all trimmed out.


I hear the Mrs. stirring upstairs and it's already 9:25am!  Time for coffee and muffins!

2 comments:

  1. Boy Rick you're right! That really does ad a lot to the structure! I'm very exciting! You're doing a EXCELLENT job on this kit. Makes me want to take a trip to North Dakota again. Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,

    Thanks for your kind words - I don't know about excellent, but I hope that it will make a nice addition to your excellent layout!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete