Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 06 - Wall Assembly Pt 2

It's Saturday morning around 7:30 and with the wife sleeping soundly I came down to the basement to get my "modeling fix" for the day before the "HoneyDo" starts.  I'm still working on the front of the house and it's time to add the bay window section.

First I add the to short walls on either side of the big opening.



Next I add the top right side wall for the bay area.  The corner support piece isn't really for strength, but to help the wall maintain a right angle.



Here's were I ran into my first problem - adding the bottom plate for the bay window.  The piece was too wide to fit between the short wing walls and when I tried to make it fit I cracked the one wing wall shown with the small corner reinforcement.  I trimmed the width of the bottom plate (which I should have done in the first place) and got everything to fit.  The corner reinforcement piece is to keep things at a right angle.  NOTE TO SELF:  These parts are fragile - don't try to force fit them!



I added the front piece and the front wall sections of the house are now completed.  What about all of those gaps between wall sections?  - they will be covered with peel-n-stick trim pieces later.  Next I'll work on............hold on............the intercom is ringing..................that was the wife wanting to know where her coffee is.  Looks like that's it for this session!


Coming up next I'll add more wall sections - this time to the rear of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment