Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 23 - Back Porch & Window Curtains

I didn't do a step-by-step photo documentation of the rear porch as it's pretty much the same as the front porch I documented in my last post.  In any event, here's a picture of the back porch.



The instructions with the kit state to put the roof on before doing the porches; however, I want to save the roof for last as I've got work to do on the interior of the house.  I decided to put curtains in the windows and I found a wonderful source for the material.  You will note in the picture that is has ribs and texture that looks darn close to real window curtains.  What is this mystery material?  Well, I'll give you a hint:  You find it in your bathroom and it comes on a roll!  I used a single edge razor blade to cut the slit in the center.



I used white glue to attach the curtains to the inside of the building.  Here's a shot from the inside showing the first and second floor curtains installed..



And here's a shot showing the curtains from the outside.  I'm going to leave the curtains in a mostly closed position so I don't have to do intense detailing of the interior.



Here's a view of a different angle of the house showing the curtains.  Even with the curtains in place I'll have to add some view blocks / interior detail for where viewers can "peak" in through the curtains.  If I light the structure I'll also have to seal up light leaks.



And here is a picture of the curtains with the interior lighted by a LED flashlight held from above.  Notice the light leaks!

  That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment