Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 11 - Still More Painting!

Do you ever have one of those days where it feels like you worked and worked but didn't accomplish much?  Well, today was one of those days.  I'm "in the weeds" now doing the detail work of punching out all of the little pieces-parts and painting them.

Here's just one wall section with the parts punched out.  I painted them when they were in the sheet; however, once they are removed I must trim off the "nubs" and paint the sides of the pieces.  Since I need to hold them I really can't paint them in one pass - I have to paint them, let them dry, and then go back and paint the area where I was holding the piece.  Once everything is dried then I can start assembling the windows and put them in the building.



O.K. I did make a little progress in that I got a whopping (3) three window installed!  Patience, Rick!  This is a very important time in assembly and it has to be right or it will hurt the final assembly.  By the way, I need to adjust my white balance on my camera because the structure doesn't look this gray.



Here's a picture of the structure outside I took a couple of days ago that better shows the actual color of the dirty white.  That's my "2 Story Farmhouse" on the left for white comparison.


Stay tuned for more exciting painting and assembly!

No comments:

Post a Comment